The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) is expected to launch a recruitment exercise for Specialist Members in the First-tier Tribunal Special Educational Needs and Disability jurisdiction 2022
On behalf of the Judicial Diversity Committee, the Diversity and Inclusion Team is holding an online seminar via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday 10 May at 17.00 – 18.00 for those interested in applying for appointment as a Fee-Paid Specialist Member in the First-Tier Tribunal Special Educational Needs and Disability jurisdiction. The seminar aims to help applicants be better prepared to make an application and to receive up to date guidance and advice on the JAC’s selection process. You will hear from serving Specialist Members and a representative from the JAC. This seminar is facilitated by Judicial HR and supports the Judicial Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2020-2025.
Who should attend?
Specialist members must have substantial knowledge and experience of working with children and/or young people with special educational needs and/or disability.
Examples of this could include:
- Senior managers and specialist teachers in mainstream or special schools
- Specialist teaching staff and SEN co-ordinators in Further Education settings and specialist colleges
- Educational Psychologists
- Local Authority children’s services senior officers and support/advisory staff for SEN
- Health professionals including Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Teacher trainers and school inspectors.
(Please note, this list is not exhaustive and is by way of an example only).
Applications from under-represented groups are particularly welcome to register for this seminar.
Please note that places will offered be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Details of seminar joining instructions will be sent out to you shortly before the seminar.
Please register at this link (external link, opens in a new tab).
If you have any queries, please email: JudicialHRDiversityEvents@judiciary.uk